- The Skippers' Briefing and Cocktail on the evening of the 28th May at Alcaidesa Marina.
- Rally: 29th May to 1st June 2020 (Destination: Tanja Marina Bay, Tanger).
- Do your bit for charity; all funds raised go to the Red Cross.
- Cocktail offered by Alcaidesa Marina at the Alcaidesa Lounge Bar.
- Participants in the Gibraltar - Morocco - Spain Yacht Rally will get the first night at Tanja Marina Bay free of charge! This adds to the offer we already have from Alcaidesa Marina of free berthing on the 29nd May (the night prior to departure).
- Subsequent nights will be discounted by 50%, BUT please note not all will have electricity and some rafting up may be necessary.
- Visit an exotic location in North Africa and berth at a brand new marina right in the heart of Tanger.
- Tanja Marina Bay will host the fancy dress party on the Saturday night and provide buffet dinner and free bar between 19:00 and 22:00.
- The skippers' briefing provides vital routing and safety information (obligatory for all participating skippers).
- Sail there in great company.
- Party with like minded yachtsmen.
- Champagne reception on arrival.
- Fancy dress and prize giving party on the Saturday.
- "Goodie bag" for each yacht including skipper's polo.
- Raffles and auctions to maximise funds for the Red Cross.
- Many prizes to be won.
- 28th May yachts can arrive at Alcaidesa Marina for free night´s stay courtesy of Alcaidesa Marina.
- 28th May 20:00h Skippers´ Briefing drinks and nibbles courtesy of Alcaidesa Marina at Alcaisesa Lounge Bar. Sailing instructions, weather forecasts, etc. will be given and bracelets identifying the race will be handed out.
- 29th May start at 11:00h, destination Tanger.
- 29th May Champagne Reception once most boats have arrived.
- 30th May free for city tour at 20:00h assemble for dinner courtesy of Tanja Marina Bay and Fancy Dress Party, prize giving and auctions.
- 31st May free for tourism.
- 1st June official end and return home.
Heard enough? Sign up by completing this form.
How to pay
If you signed up but forgot to note down the payment details in section 2 of the signup form then here is what you need.
Entry fees will be as follows:
- Yachts under 12m LOA €65 (which must be paid before the 15th May 2019)
- Yachts over 12m LOA €85 (which must be paid before the 15th May 2019)
Book early as we may have to limit numbers.
Payment in euros
Beneficiary: Cruz Roja
Bank account: Banco Santander: ES22 0049 1302 20 2910062039
Payment reference: YACHT NAME + RALLY
It is important to indicate the reference in order to identify each of the donations.
Other forms of payment
In exceptional cases where there is no access to bank accounts hand your cash payment Boatshed GIbraltar with a printed copy of this form.
Never been on the rally before? Here's a video of the last rally in 2016.
Issues for you to start planning
Do you have the crew you need to safely make your way to Tanger?
Please don't wait for the last minute to verify her seaworthiness.
Your fancy dress
After some fair criticism at the last rally that originality and home based effort should be rewarded please note that that's exactly what we'll be doing.
Raffles & auctions
We have a wide range of items that will be auctioned or raffled so please make sure you plan for this. You'll be able to win or bid for all of the items.
We'll provide full details closer to the date:
Please Support our Generous Sponsors below
Want to make your business a sponsor? Then get in touch with Boatshed Gibraltar.
You can find out more about them by clicking on their logos below.
As spring arrives now is the time to start getting your boat ready for this great event. Sailing or motoring to Tanger requires a level of seamanship which is an order of magnitude greater than pottering about in the Bay.
If I have made you apprehensive it's deliberate BUT you should also know that we have contingencies plans to potter around the Bay and party at Alcaidesa Marina if the meteorological conditions create an unacceptable level of risk in the Strait e.g. fog or gale force wind.
Finally help us spread the word on social media by clicking on the Facebook and Twitter icons below to send out the work on your social network feeds.
Remember the more participation the more fun and the more funds we get to raise for the Red Cross.